Live streaming is one of the easiest ways to make your audience aware of what’s happening around them. You can live stream anything, and that too is absolutely free. In this regard, let’s talk about one of the leading social media platforms, “Facebook.” In fact, this platform has the world’s largest user base, which can be counted as daily active users worldwide. Later in this blog, we’ll learn how to live stream on Facebook using our quick guide. In addition to this, we’ll also explore some handy ways to do on-demand live streaming on Facebook.
Facebook Live: All You Need To Know
Facebook Live is considered one of the best and most influential ways of connecting with the audience and boosting your brand’s visibility. The platform has a very easy-to-use interface and a wide reach among the global audience. Because of this fact, its live streaming service cannot be simply ignored for the purpose of promoting your business or product.
Facebook Live can be done from anywhere in the world. In addition to this, when you broadcast your event live on the Facebook platform, it will appear on your home page or in the group to which you have been added. Furthermore, it will automatically pop up in the notification feeds on Facebook Watch. In fact, you can also edit and polish the broadcast once it’s over.
All the videos on Facebook Live are open for viewing by the global audience. In addition to this, viewers can watch your video anytime on their compatible devices. However, using its live streaming service feature from a web browser is slightly different in comparison with its application.
Here are some points or steps by which you can host your Facebook Live session very easily –
- Firstly, you have to open your profile page or the group page on the app or web browser.
- Then you have to click on the option showing (‘What’s on your mind’), additionally, you have to click on create a post when you’re on your profile page.
- Then click on “live video” in the post options along with a little description of your event.
- Later on, you can also configure the default settings and make changes according to event and audience requirements.
- While you’re live on the Facebook platform, you get additional tools like live polling your attendees, live-in stories, badges, donations, live shopping, and much more. All of these features are present to enhance the viewing experience of the audience.
- In addition to this, you can also analyze your live video performance with the help of Facebook’s analytics tool.
- The elements which you can easily analyze on this analytics tool are – the number of minutes viewed by your audience, 10-second views, breakdown of reactions, and much more.
Top 4 Ways To Stream Live On Facebook
Here are some popular ways to live stream on this platform. This will help you select the right method to host your live session.
With The Help Of a Mobile Device
Mobile live streaming is very popular among the audience. This is because mobile devices are available to them at any time of the day. Live streaming from the mobile device includes –
- Install the Facebook application on your mobile devices ( from the android store or Apple store)
- You can simply go to create a post after opening the Facebook home page on your profile. After granting access to the camera, locations and microphone you can simply go live with your video.
- In addition to this, you can also schedule your live stream on the live streaming service feature of the Facebook platform.
With The Help Of a Web Browser
This is one of the easiest ways to live stream your event with the help of a desktop. Some additional elements are the laptop camera and microphone. In fact, externally only, the webcam is the option for sharing your views and video in real-time with your friends and followers.
- There are two options available for the audience to choose from. Either they can go to the news feed to go live or they can simply click the live button on the Facebook page you manage.
- For the selection of the webcam, you can switch to select the source button on the right side of the browser page. In addition to this, you can add the post details at later stages and schedule your live video for sending the reminder pop-ups to your Facebook followers.
With The Help Of Encoders and Decoders
Basically, we are talking about the third-party live streaming platform in this case. This platform consists of components like software encoders and decoders for the smooth delivery of the content at the user end. In addition to this, these platforms also use the RTMP protocol for low-latency streaming. The prime benefit of using this protocol is that viewers can easily stream the video even with low-bandwidth connections.
- However, Facebook has switched to RTMPS technology because RTMP has gone obsolete with its functionality and the features it provides to the hosts.
- With the help of RTMPS technology, you can set the highest video quality for your live stream. For example, before going live on Facebook you can select the video quality to 1080p for an immersive viewing experience for the audience. However, it depends on the internet connection.
Handy Tips To Effectively Host Your Facebook Live Session
Here are some effective ways that can help you make your live session successful. The options are in terms of the audience count and their viewing experience –
- You can also test-run your live video session before you actually start the session. This can be done with the help of the “Only Me” privacy setting on the Facebook home page.
- You have to reintroduce yourself every time any guest comes to your live session.
Live streaming is one of the healthiest ways to make your audience aware of your content. In fact, in the long run, make them your potential customers. In addition to this, with the help of these live streaming services, audiences are interacting with presenters in their comfort zones. Apart from many limitations when it comes to features, Facebook Live streaming is still one of the audience’s favorite choices.